For the first month and a half of living in our new house, Nick and I had a pile of picture frames leaning against one wall of our bedroom, with the vague idea that we would create a gallery wall again. However, more pressing jobs (the baby's room, bathroom, yard, etc) took over our weekends and the frames remained week after week.
Nick went on a business trip in June, and I was feeling a little lonely and restless so I decided to start hanging up some frames. I should also note that hanging pictures is one of Nick's least favorite jobs and it makes him super cranky. I have a little more patience for it, so I decided to do it myself. I decided to hang the frames on the landing wall between our bedroom and Hayden's. Look how sad and lonely this wall looked before it had any frames:
The first thing I did was lay out all the frames on the floor in some kind of order. Being slightly impatient, I didn't make paper templates or measure the wall at all, I just started with one frame and built around it. It took about an hour and half to get all the frames up on the wall and leveled. Luckily, there were only about two oops holes in the entire process, so I'd call the job a success.
In terms of content, some of the frames are empty, and some have random pictures or scrapbook paper in them. There are certain things that I definitely want to keep up there, but my main objective was just to get the frames off the floor and onto the wall. Since they are easy to remove, it will be no problem to switch out the pictures when I want to.
Of course, now that Mr. Hayden is on the scene, we'll probably switch out all the pictures for shots of our boy. I kid... (not)!