I originally got this recipe from my sister a couple years ago, and it's our go-to recipe for chicken because it's easy and tasty. My sister's recipe called for a stick of butter, but we modified it a bit to make it healthier.
Here's what you need:
- boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated/shaved parmesan
- 1 piece of wheat bread
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper
Here's what you do:
- Mix olive oil, half of the cheese, garlic cloves, and lemon juice in a shallow bowl.
- Tear up bread into small crumbs.
- Add bread, remainder of cheese, and salt and pepper to a second shallow dish.
- Coat each chicken breast in olive oil mixture and then bread mixture and place into a pyrex baking dish.
- After the chicken is all coated, I like to sprinkle a little more parmesan on top of it.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.